The town of Ples is the tourist center of the #Ivanovo region, and the Cathedral Hill is the main historical site of the city. Link, description, photos, 3D tour: https://3divanovo.ru/sobornaya_gora_g_plyos Order 360 tel. 7 (930) 348-12-95 Andrey Historical background (source Wikipedia): - The Cathedral Mountain is a hill located on the right bank of the Volga and the left bank of the Shokhonka. The base of the settlement on the Cathedral Hill belongs to the middle of the XII century. Its fortification was built at the end of the XII century and was a single-row wall with living quarters. The fortress served as a frontier outpost of the Vladimir-Suzdal principality, settling in a favorable place: the Volga is well visible from the Sobornaya mountain, and the ships going along the river fell into the curvature of the riverbed, slowed down and became defenseless. In February 1238 during the Tatar-Mongol invasion the fortress was burned along with the settlement. After the invasion on the territory of the former fortress, they established a cemetery. Second fortress - In 1410, by decree of Vasily I, to protect Kostroma and Moscow from the Tatar-Mongols, a new fortress was built on the same hill, which became part of the unified customs-defense system of the Volga border. Its territory has been expanded 10 times. On the south side, a new shaft, 170 m long, 6 m high, 29 m wide at the base, was poured, the steepness of the outer slope did not exceed 25 °. At the eastern edge of this shaft was the entrance to the fortress. Under the defensive structure was made sand filling - pillow. From the outside, the remaining unoccupied edge of the site was reinforced with a layer of clay. Third fortress - It was partially and hastily restored, a new, lighter one (6x6 m at the base) was built on the site of the old tower. By the 17th century, the fortress had decayed, but perhaps its remains were preserved by 1609, when Plyos was captured by the Polish-Lithuanian interventionists. If by that time something remained from the fortress (for example, the north tower or, less likely, some walls), it was destroyed by the Poles. Since then, defenses in Pleus were not built. Modernity - To date, an earthen bank of 1410 with a moat has been preserved from the south. Local archaeologists, in particular P. Travkin, re-created the base of the tower described above. The ancient settlement on Cathedral Hill, where the fortress stood, is an archeological monument.