The railway cutting at the Village of Roade in Northamptonshire was opened in 1838 as part of the first major inter-city rail project in the world, connecting London to Birmingham. It was a massive engineering undertaking led by Robert Stephenson, the great Railway Construction Engineer of the 1800s. Around 1,000 navvies were based in this tiny village for this four year project. As a mark of the historic significance of this project, a Red Wheel plaque was awarded to the village community and unveiled at a special ceremony on Sept 8th 2018 at Roade Village Hall. This 360 degree video shows the unveiling ceremony.