< img src="//bat.bing.com/action/0?ti=5858059&Ver=2" height="0" width="0" style="display:none; visibility: hidden;" />
1561
Views
Located along the southwest side of Grant Park, Agora is one of Chicago’s most recent and important sculptural installations. Comprised of 106 nine-foot tall headless torsos made of cast iron, the artwork derives it name from the Greek word for meeting place. The figures are posed walking in groups in various directions or standing still. Internationally renowned artist Magdalena Abakanowicz donated the sculptural group along with the Polish Ministry of Culture, a Polish cultural foundation, and other private donors.
Comments
0/500
More