The Sassoon Docks is one of the oldest docks in Mumbai, and one of the few docks in the city open to the public. It is situated just off Cuffe Parade in South Mumbai, and is today one of largest fish markets in the city. Its neighbouring features are Mumbai Port Trust Garden and Offices of Fisheries Department, and overlooks Oyster Rock, an island in the Mumbai harbour, at a distance. Built in 1875 on reclaimed land, by the banking and mercantile company David Sassoon & Co., the docks were owned by Albert Abdullah David Sassoon (1818–1896), son of David Sassoon, a Baghdadi Jew and the leader of the Jewish community in Bombay. It was the first commercial wet dock in western India and helped establish the cotton trade. The Sassoon Docks encouraged the Bombay Presidency to promote the construction of the large Prince's Dock. The Sassoon factories that produced silk and cotton goods in Bombay, also furnished employment for a large amount of native labour.