< img src="//bat.bing.com/action/0?ti=5858059&Ver=2" height="0" width="0" style="display:none; visibility: hidden;" />
1530
Views
Thornton Fever Hospital was opened in 1902 as a fever isolation hospital treating patients with meningitis, diphtheria, scarlet fever etc. It was stretched to its capacity in 1903 with the Fife typhoid epidemic.t was subsequently used as a mental health institution for children known as Strathmore Hospital.

In December 1964 the mental health sub committee of the hospital board advised that a new hospital was to be built in Dunfermline by 1967 rendering Strathmore Hospital obsolete.
In 1965 an engineer's report stated that the property was in need of drastic repair in regards to heating, sanitary fittings, decoration and incineration, however no work appears to have been carried out and patients remained there until transfer to Dunfermline in 1967.

The building remained empty from 1967 - 1970 and was then purchased by Mr Taylor Bryant of Edinburgh who with no formal qualifications, opened a children's home for boys with mental,and social disorders known as Corsbie Hall School.
In July 1972 Mr Bryant was declared bankrupt and disappeared for several years. The school then closed.

After that dates get vague. The former matron's house was used as a hotel in the 70s known as Corsbie Hall Hotel and then in the 80s/90s an unregistered care home known as Fosterton Firs took over the area
Comments
0/500
Comment below to support the creator!
More