The Charbonnage n ° 10 du Gouffre was the main and last colliery of the Charbonnages du Gouffre company. Operated from 1916, the site's reinforced concrete buildings were built much later, in 1934. After its closure in 1969, the site was converted into a zoo (between 1979 and 1982) before becoming the property of an automobile deconstructor. Today, the buildings that once constituted the Charbonnage du Gouffre are empty and completely abandoned, and it is now the sole preserve of urbexers and graffiti artists. Only one of these buildings (better preserved) is used by a company specializing in concrete manufacture.