Fort Nassau lies on a 68 meter high hill next to the St. Anna Bay in the city of Willemstad, on the Caribbean island of Curaçao in the Dutch Antilles. Fort Nassau was built in 1797 on the Sablica Hill by the Military Committee of the Curaçao Council to protect the town of Willemstad and war- and merchantships moored in the bay. It was armed with 8 iron eighteen-pounder and 6 iron eight-pounder cannons and 9 metal mortars. The building costs of 60.000 guilders had to be payed by the citizens of Willemstad. At present Fort Nassau houses a restaurant and some kind of harbour radar installation but it can be visited freely. A nice fort on a great location.